Associate Data Scientist
Upfront is on a mission to improve the patient experience, reduce waste and increase operational efficiency in healthcare. We’re an early stage start-up backed by leading healthcare investors.
As a Data Scientist at Upfront, you’ll join a team with deep healthcare industry experience and clients who are eager to partner with us to deliver substantial value through our platform.
You are responsible for augmenting a predictive data model used within the Upfront platform in support of realizing key product strategic objectives. You will help inform and influence the means in which the predictive model is designed, implemented, integrated with the platform and framed for client consumption. You will partner with Product, Engineering and Services teams to complete this project.
You will be supported by a culture that understands the importance of market differentiating solutions that result in successful clients. Furthermore, our team has decades of healthcare and technology experience with a client first approach that is required to win business and scale the company.
This position is a one-time project-based role based in our West Loop Chicago headquarters and has no travel.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize project requirements from key internal and external stakeholders
- Iteratively build, prototype, and automate data science pipelines to forecast key metrics and optimize product features at scale
- Deploy production-grade algorithms while maintaining fast runtimes to promote interactive use cases (e.g. anomaly alerting, “smart” content playlists)
- Develop and continuously improve the statistical methodology behind data science pipelines and analytic applications to ensure that feature selection and predictions are rigorously validated and accurate
- Champion the success of our clients and our teammates
- Ensure compliance of team with HIPAA and confidentiality policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Informatics) or equivalent work experience
- Passion for designing and building elegant algorithms and intuitive analytical applications that solve core business problems
- Deep understanding of data science techniques and their mathematical underpinnings across both supervised and unsupervised learning approaches
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying descriptive and predictive modeling and supervised learning techniques including linear/logistic regression, SVM, decision trees and Random Forest approaches
- Industry experience with SQL Databases (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- Programming skills in Python (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit) or R (e.g. dyplr, lubridate, caret)
- Proven track record delivering solutions within an Agile Software Development lifecycle
- High EQ team player with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Proven ability to work independently and juggle multiple high priority deliverables
Role-related PHI Access
- This role will require access to client accounts for the purposes of product development
- Full health benefits package, we’re in healthcare tech and don’t mess around
- Equity package
- Flexible PTO, 11 company holidays
- Monthly commuter benefits & flexible spending account
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org