Senior/Staff Platform Data Engineer
We are looking for a savvy Platform Data Engineer, interested in building our core data infrastructure at a rapidly scaling company, from the ground up. This role will interface with all levels of the company and will support our software developers, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives to ensure optimal data delivery architecture and consistency across projects.
You will be joining an innovative team working to improve the current healthcare experience of millions of patients. You will constantly be pushed to grow and will handle new challenges regularly, as we’re a fast-growing, early-stage start-up, backed by leading investors.
What we’re doing is working. Our agile approach, foundational technologies and core designs are enabling core competencies in personalization, relevancy, content, and ultimately driving results. Patients are engaging and booking necessary care at rates 5 – 10x beyond industry benchmarks.
With this traction, growth, and our commitment to continuous improvement, we are expanding our team to maximize our investment in the cloud as key to ensuring client success and realizing our roadmap. As a foundational hire on the engineering team, you will be an integral part of building our new, cutting edge data infrastructure.
Who are You?
You are a critical thinker, and your uniquely elegant mental indexing strategy always hits. The ideal candidate is an experienced database architect, pipeline builder, and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of re-designing and optimizing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data available, separate, and secure across client boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions in line with HIPAA and HITRUST requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Expert working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), table indexing, and table/query/storage optimization as well as working familiarity with a variety of relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience working in a HIPAA/HITRUST regulated environment
- Ability to model and design modern data structures, SQL/NoSQL databases, Data Lakes, and Cloud Data Warehouses
- Experience building and supporting event sourced data and application architectures
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role and experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with Azure relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, SSIS, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Azure storage technologies
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional languages: C#, F#, Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Email your resume to email@example.com