Senior/Staff Platform Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer interested in taking our cloud infrastructure at a rapidly scaling company to the next level. This role will support our entire engineering team to ensure optimal architecture, delivery, and efficiency across projects.
You will be joining an innovative team working to improve the current healthcare experience of millions of patients. You will constantly be pushed to grow and will handle new challenges regularly, as we’re a fast-growing, early-stage start-up, backed by leading investors.
What we’re doing is working. Our agile approach, foundational technologies and core designs are enabling core competencies in personalization, relevancy, content, and ultimately driving results. Patients are engaging and booking necessary care at rates 5 – 10x beyond industry benchmarks.
With this traction, growth, and our commitment to continuous improvement, we are expanding our team to maximize our investment in the cloud as key to ensuring client success and realizing our roadmap. As a foundational hire on the engineering team, you will straddle and be primarily responsible for our cloud infrastructure and developer experience while setting the pace for technical strategy and complex design initiatives.
Who are You?
You are a critical thinker, and your container skills can’t be contained. The ideal candidate has a hybrid of experience that spans cloud infrastructure to DevOps to DevEx and enjoys both optimizing cloud architecture and building it from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building and optimizing our company’s IaC and cloud footprint while integrating the developer experience to support our next generation of products and technical initiatives.
- Drive design, engineering, implementation, and configuration of Azure cloud services to support overall enterprise patterns, driving in best practices around infrastructure/compliance as code
- Develop patterns for effective auditing, logging, monitoring, alerting across all layers of application architectures and supporting services
- Develop detailed design documentation including procedures to meet all security controls and requirements as defined by HIPAA/HITRUST
- Drive the practice of DevOps and DevEx as measured by lead time, deployment frequency, change fail, time to restore, and availability
- Mentor members more junior than you in the technical areas which the team works within
- 7+ years of information technology experience directly related to application or infrastructure design and development, of which at least 3 years of experience working with Azure cloud services is required
- DevSecOps experience implementing or supporting cloud-based applications
- Highly proficient in DevOps and DevEx automation capabilities including scripting or using tools such as ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform, or Ansible
- Extensive experience with the configuration and hardening of Azure services
- Experience developing Azure IAM policies for roles and resources including use of just in time access and least privilege strategies
- Solid understanding network concepts including strategies leveraging cloud native capabilities
- Well-versed in application and security logging mechanisms using Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Elasticsearch, Splunk, and other related observability tools/processes
- Experience and awareness of code scanning/testing tools (Sonar, Fortify, etc.) and techniques
- Experience or familiarity with use of containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Compose)
- Experience with the hardening of docker containers used in a microservices application architecture
- Experience with Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, automated quality gates, and automated deployments
- Experience with Agile software development practices & ability to contribute to sprint ceremonies such as refinement, planning, demos, retrospectives
- Azure Associate/Expert Certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with modern backend layer technology, such as: .NET, Java, Golang, Python, TypeScript, Node.js, etc.
- Experience creating solutions with a fail-fast methodology and how to add incremental value
- Experience mentoring other engineers whether on your own team or elsewhere in an organization
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org