CHICAGO (March 7, 2022)—Upfront Healthcare’s dynamic growth in 2021 culminated in the company’s digital care navigation guiding millions of patients to necessary care. Large medical groups, health systems, and life sciences companies nationwide signed on to partner with Upfront to support hundreds of thousands of clinicians and their patients as enabled by Upfront’s unique platform featuring several significant enhancements. With 2021’s dynamic growth and luminary clients propelling the company forward, Upfront continues to produce demonstrable revenue growth and increased efficiency for clients through person-specific and health-literate patient engagement delivered through Upfront’s app-less healthcare engagement approach.
Upfront is helping millions of patients stay on track, while also enabling our clients to meet or exceed their business objectives by improving visit adherence, care gap completion rates, referral navigation and completion, procedure preparation and adherence, patient re-activation, service enrollment, and more. Below are just some examples of the company’s achievements in 2021:
- Expanded deployment with 75% of our clients within nine months of go-live based on successful outcomes leading to millions of patients activated
- Launched the Bartosch Institute for Patient Activation, studying patient activation rates through the intersection of data science and patient content to continuously improve engagement and outcomes
- Enhanced our market-leading platform with significant advancements to our SMS, Email, Microsite, and Digital Voice capabilities
- Expanded our unique health communication approach to add greater emphasis on behavior change principles and drive greater health equity
- Enhanced embedded scheduling capabilities and deepened EMR integrations to optimize the patient experience and eliminate redundancy and phone calls
- Named a Top 50 employer in Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work
- Bolstered security infrastructure for HITRUST certification
“Our growth as a company, the enhancements to our platform, and the investment we made in establishing the Bartosch Institute made 2021 easily the most consequential and successful year in the company’s history,” said Carrie Kozlowski, COO and co-founder. “As we continue to catalogue the pandemic’s myriad consequences, including widespread delays in preventive care, I am most proud of our outcomes. We engaged millions of patients to complete necessary care through our supportive and frictionless experience.”
Upfront’s advances lay the foundation for another high growth year and many new product capabilities in 2022, including more efficient 2WAY messaging, even greater interoperability with the health system’s legacy technology, and continuous improvement to our industry-leading performance.
“Upfront has always been focused on ensuring every patient is navigated to the care they need and, along with our wonderfully innovative client partners, we made tremendous strides in 2021 towards this goal,” said Ben Albert, CEO, and co-founder of Upfront. “We continue to build an incredible team focused on working with our inspiring clients to effect change and achieve even great success in enabling every patient to get the care they need in 2022.”